Thursday, January 25, 2018

Murphy's Week

Boy am I glad I bought that Swiffer Wet Jet.

That's exactly what I said to myself when I got home and saw what was waiting for me in the floor.   It was one of the dogs this time, so it was a big pile.  "Boy, am I glad I bought that Swiffer Wet Jet."  A few squirts, a few swishes, and we have a clean floor once again.

And the mayhem at work continues.  I'm starting to think this is some sort of initiation process or something.  I told my coworker that all this trouble we've been having is God's way of telling us he doesn't want us to go to the new schedule.  But to the new schedule we are going, despite the fact that 99.9% of the employees hate it.  We've already had a couple of people quit over it -- one girl stating that she didn't want to work all those long hours, and another stating she didn't want to work the weekend shift. 

After all this time, I'm used to it, me. 

I was determined to come home this afternoon and start priming my walls.   I didn't make it that far.  I got the taping done, but that's about it.


There wasn't really a whole lot that needed taped at this point, since I'm going to prime the trim as well. 


Right now, I'm torn.  Part of me wants to go ahead and get this done.  Then there is this other part of me that says, "You need to sleep some time."  I signed up to work Saturday, but not Sunday, so maybe I can do it then. 

Speaking of sleep, I remembered to put my nightgown on last night, so yay me! 

As tired as I am, that's something to be proud of.






No comments: