Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Introvert Mad Libs

"You never want to go out," complained Becky.
"True," I admitted.
"Well, tonight, you're coming!"  I sighed and put down So Rare A Gift.  I Wasn't sure what to wear, so I just put on a purple bra. 
"How does this look?" I asked.
"Punctual.  Now come on, let's go!"

We took a TARDIS downtown.  I hoped we were going to Jenny Leigh's, but instead we ended up at a club called Waffled Panayiota.  Country music fulled the night air, and I felt a little  rage.  I noticed a hot dog cart across the street, and figured the night wouldn't be a total loss if I at least got a chili dog with hot fudge.  I ordered two, but my friend didn't want one.  Actually she seemed a little embarrassed that I was eating a chili dog in line.

When we reached the door, the bouncer took one look at my R2D2 backpack and refused to let us enter.  I winked at my friend.  "No worries, I've got this."  I slipped the bouncer my remaining chili dog.  He shrugged and let us in.

"Come on, let's dance," said my friend, dragging me onto the dance floor.  Somewhere Over The Rainbow was playing, and I shyly began my signature move, the nae nae.  I started to get in my groove, and noticed a crowd was gathering around me.  They LOVED me!  Who knew this introvert had such a hidden talent?!

I attempted a double Yurchenko and, okay, it didn't go as planned, but the crowd was still smiling and taking video clips with their phones.   Maybe I'd become a wealthy internet sensation & retire on a private island full of dogs!

Just then, my friend yanked me off the dance floor.  "What are you DOING?" I protested.  "I had sick moves!"

"You looked sick all right,"  she agreed, pointing to a large chili smear on my butt.  I knew I should have stayed home.

No comments: