Monday, January 29, 2018

Sleep Deprivation

Hello sleep deprivation, my old friend.
I'm glad to have you back again...

For the last several weeks at work, I've been on the early morning clean up crew.  I'm trying to get on the early morning stand around and eat chips while playing on my phone crew, but apparently that one is fully staffed.  So, I'm on the early morning clean up crew.

Last week, I asked my group leader if we'll still be coming in early when we switch to the new schedule.  She said she was going to come in at 4:00, so I said, "Me, too!".

When that alarm went off at 2:45 this morning, it was definitely one of those what was I thinking? moments.  I lay there and seriously, albeit briefly, thought about resetting the alarm and going in with the regular shift.  Then I remembered how much credit card debt I still have, and dragged my weary bones out of bed and to work.

Where I spent 12 hours doing my best zombie impression.

At the end of the day, Group Leader came back around and told me Supervisor said to start coming in at 5:00 AM.  I was secretly relieved.  I can do 5:00.  Yay 5:00!

I'm still signing up to work the weekends, too.  I wonder how many people are going to show up Sunday.  I'd forgotten it was Super Bowl Sunday since I'm done with the NFL until someone said there probably won't be many people at work.    I also heard that several more people have quit.  They don't want to work the long hours, or the weekends all the time.  I'm just watching to see how it all turns out.

I was standing there at my stand, just a working away, when I mentally composed a limerick about how done I am with the NFL.  It is as follows:

I'm done with the NF of L
Until they get rid of Goodell
And do a haul - keeling
Of those who are kneeling
And Jerry Jones must go as well


But enough about those spoiled, whiny brats who want to protest the very country who made them millionaire celebrities....

I finished painting my walls yesterday.  I was going to start the trim this evening.  I wanted to do these two walls first, so I could move my furniture back into place.


However, I'm out of painter's tape.  No problem.  I'd just run to the store and get some.  But something inside me rebelled.

No!  No, dadgum it NO!  I'd been to that store 4 times last week and I'm not going again!  The trim will just have to wait until after Friday.

The next project will be to replace that felt thing on my dryer that keeps it from shrieking like a banshee when it's running.  Oh, it still works.  It dries the clothes.  It just shrieks like a banshee.  So, that's next.  And finally getting my bathroom sink unclogged.  And finishing the fireplace brick.  And getting the eaves repaired and painted.  Sigh, it's always something.

My dad once said, "This home ownership stuff is for the birds."

I'm beginning to think he had a point.

No comments: