Saturday, January 20, 2018

Overthinking

I'm an introvert.

And like most introverts, I'm prone to overthinking things.  Case in point, I had a dentist appointment last week for my 6 month cleaning and check up.  This was my first appointment since I had my crowns done.  I seriously overthought things.  I worried and fretted and stewed so much over what my regular dentist would say about me having the crowns done that I very nearly postponed the appointment. 

It was all for nothing.  The only thing my dentist said was, "They sure look better than all those fillings." 

I had planned to go buy my paint today, so I can get my living room painted.  The introvert in me seriously overthought the whole paint buying process.  So much so that I tossed and turned until well after midnight last night.  The only way I managed to shut off my brain was to concentrate very hard on my breathing. 

In....out...deep breath...with my stomach...fill my lungs...expel the air...and so on and so forth until I eventually fell asleep.  Then I woke up twice from nightmares, before waking up for the day at 3:30.  Needless to say, I'm a bit tired today. 

And again, all that worrying was for naught, because I didn't even go get my paint.  I made the mistake of coming home first.  Just for a minute, I told myself.  I'll just change clothes and get something to eat, I told myself.  Then I'll get up and go to the hardware store, I told myself.   

Maybe I'll go tomorrow, I told myself.

What I did instead was to get my wood putty out and fill in some of the larger and more obvious holes in the paneling. 


I touched these up after taking the picture, and I'll sand them smooth before priming the walls.  Which may or may not happen tomorrow. 

Then I sat down and colored a page in my Introvert Activity Book,


but I didn't try to label it.  If I did, they'd all say SLEEP!!!!

And hopefully no nightmares tonight.



No comments: