Monday, January 15, 2018

Snow Day

I get a snow day tomorrow!

They cancelled my jury duty due to impending inclement weather.   I have to call Wednesday night to see if I have to report for Thursday, but tomorrow and Wednesday I am off.

I still have to go to work though.  They don't cancel that for anything.  If it gets as bad as they're saying, half the plant won't show up.

Speaking of, I went out today while it was relatively warm to fill up the wood box -- so I won't have to do it when I get home tomorrow, you know.  Throughout the year, I pick up the twigs and stuff in my yard and store them in one of the old chicken coops.  They make great fire starters.  I was out there getting some to bring in, and I picked this stick up three times.

And the ice block it rode in on.


I can be a bit slow at times.  I'm also predicting it'll be a while before that ice block melts.

The only other thing I did today, besides folding laundry and watching Stargate SG-1 on HULU,  was to finish sanding the paneling in my living room.  I even sanded the baseboards, molding, and door/window frames.  Then I got a damp cloth and wiped the dust off, so it's all ready to be primed.

Once I'd done with that, I went out to the shed and dug out my painting supplies to see if I had a drop cloth and rollers.  I did, but by then I was too tired to prime.  I still have to go into town and buy my paint anyway.  As soon as I find the notebook I wrote down my color choices in, that is.

As for SG-1, I've seen a few episodes here and there, but I'd never seen the entire series.  I'm liking it so far.

Looks like I've got something new to geek out about.


No comments: