Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Changes

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed Squeaky.  She was begging for food, which she didn't get, by the way.  But I saw her.  I really saw her.  Guys, she looks sooo much better since I switched her to canned food.  Her eyes are bright.  She seems to be putting on weight.  Even her fur looks whiter, and it looks like she's grooming herself again. 


The best part is, when I was cleaning up an accident she had on the floor, her poop was a whole lot softer and wetter looking than it has been.  Gross, I know, but as long as my kitty feels better, you're going to hear about it.  If I'd known canned food would be this good for her, I'd have switched her years ago.  I kind of feel bad now that I didn't.

Back about 4 years ago, my friend Kyle asked me to knit him a black and gold blanket.  Steelers colors, you know.  After a couple of false starts, I settled on this mitered square pattern.


I worked on it for a while, then in the chaos of having to find a house, buy it, and move into it, the blanket got put on the back burner.  I was thinking about it at work today for whatever reason, and decided to dig it out and work on it some more.  The bad part about it is, I couldn't remember how many stitches I cast on, which was easy to fix by counting, or what size needles I used. 

I checked back through the blog, and didn't record the specs either.  I think it was size 8, and that's what I'm going with.  I'll do one square, then check the gauge.  If it's the same, I'll know I was right. BTW, I sent this picture to Kyle, and he approves. 

It appears that the plant in its infinite wisdom has decided to go ahead and switch to the alternate schedule, despite the protestations of most employees.  One member of the ADP management team allegedly responded, "Well, if they don't like it, they can just get another job."

THAT, my friends, in a nutshell is why they have such trouble attracting and retaining quality employees. 

Oh, and we got a new human resources director.  Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I read the notice was, "I wonder how long this one will last?" 

On that note, I think I'll go have a hot bath then spend some quality time with my Introvert Activity Book.  I need some introverting after that news. 



No comments: