Wednesday, September 20, 2017

What A Day

I knew right away what kind of day it was going to be when I walked down to tell my group leader that her sub-brazers were out of work, and tubing didn't have any more work ready for us.  Her response, "The line is fixing to go down anyway, because we don't have any cabinets."

And that's about how it was all day long.  We'd get an order or two from tubing, braze it up, then go see if they had anything else ready.  They'd give us one or two more orders, because that was all that was ready.  The cabinet situation was pretty much the same way.  The part stager for the end of the line would go get four or five on a buggy and bring them to the line, then have to go get four or five more.

Finally, about 2:30 or so, Group Leader came up the line and said, "Y'all just go on home."  So we did.

Yesterday morning, one of my coworkers said to me, "I read your blog last night.  Did you hear about the fight on second shift?"  She'd overheard a couple of people taking about it.  Apparently, some guy walked in and punched his girlfriend right in the face, then jumped on top of her and started trying to choke her.  Sheesh, what is wrong with these people?

The good news is, I found my can of paint stripper.  Now, maybe this weekend I can start stripping that thick, gloppy paint off my bricks.

No comments: