Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thursday Ramblings

Before I begin tonight's post, I'd ask you all to take a moment to remember my friend Vanessa.  She lost her mom today.  They were very close.  She told me once, "I don't know what I'd do without my Mama."  This is going to be very, very difficult for her. 

Now, on to my regularly scheduled post. 

It was another one of those days at work.  I got there bright and early, and something was wrong with the computer system.  I'm not sure what was going on.  I hoped it would be enough that they would send us home, but no such luck.  I won't go into all the gory details, but safe to say, it wasn't an easy day.  Tubing was so far behind, and that made us get behind, and it was pretty much that way all day long. 

But just as all good things come to an end, so also do all bad things, and once again, I am free until Monday. 

Good news, I was out mowing my front yard this evening, when my next door neighbor pulled into my driveway.  He is an auto mechanic.  He asked me if I wanted to sell that old Jimmy that is, yes, still sitting in my yard.  We chatted a moment, and I told him I'd thought about advertising it in one of the local Facebook groups, but I just didn't want to deal with people.  I didn't want to have to try to explain what all is wrong with the Jimmy, and try to make arrangements for someone to come look at it, then they don't show up, etc. etc.

I'm trying to sell Slider's old tank and stand.  I've had four people say they wanted it, but not one has showed up yet.  That kind of stuff...

Back to Jimmy...Mack, my neighbor, said he'll come look at it tomorrow at lunch and see what it'll take to fix it up and sell it.  I told him what I was hoping to get for it, which is actually lower than KBB value, and he said he thinks he can get it for me.  I hope so, but mostly I'm just ready to get it out of my yard.  So, yay. 

My cat Squeaky is getting old.  She'll be 17 in January.  She doesn't like to jump much any more, so she mostly sleeps on the floor.  On a whim, I bought her a cat bed, thinking it might be more comfortable for her. 


I've showed it to her a couple of times, but she just jumped right out of it.  Maybe she'll get used to it and use it when it starts getting colder. 

On the other hand, if she pees on it, I'm going to be irate. 

Good thing it's machine washable. 

No comments: