Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Fall Slowdown

Yesterday, Group Leader told me to start coming in at 6:00 AM instead of 5:00.   It's that time of year again.  Peak season is drawing to a close, work is slowing down, and they're starting to cut out overtime.  This morning, Supervisor told me that Production Superintendent had wanted all the overtime cut out, but Supervisor plead our case.  "I've got to have my sub-brazers coming in early!" he said.  So, I still get a little bit of overtime. 

The good thing is, I can sleep until 4:30 instead of getting up at 3:30.  The bad news is, I just stayed up an hour later last night, so it didn't really help.  Eh, can't win 'em all. 


The other good news is, I've already gotten a lot of my Christmas shopping done. Remember all that Harvey relief stuff I ordered a few weeks ago?  It's all starting to arrive, now.  I've got to make out a list of who all I give presents to, and see who gets what, and who I still need to buy for.  But I've got a good head start.

I've got a good head start on my Christmas cards, too.  They're all signed and sealed with sealing wax.  I'll just need to address and mail them.  I wish I'd waited, because I just bought this one.


Here is what the stamp looks like:



Yes, I did a practice stamp on Rylea's annual vaccination reminder. Which I still need to get done.  What has gotten done is some knitting.  It's hard to see what this is, but it's the start of another sweater for Addlyn.


This one is 0 - 6 month size, and it looks like it will fit much better.  The best part about it is it is totally seamless.  I do have to pick up for the sleeves, but that's so much easier than seaming.

I think I'm about done with my fall decorating. 


I have a few more things to hang up on the walls, but for the most part, this is it.



This little pot of fake flowers is new.  The end table looked just a little too bare, so I got something to put on it.


The stuff around the bottom is actually a candle ring that I got a year or two ago.  I set the little pot down into it instead of a candle, and I think it looks very nice. 

There was something else I was going to tell you, but right now, I can't remember what it was.  I'm taking that as a sign that it's time for bed.

Goodnight.

No comments: