Friday, September 29, 2017

The Plan


A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I made plans to go up to Memphis to the zoo today.  But as the day grew closer, instead of being excited, I found myself dreading the trip.  I kept looking around my house, thinking of all the stuff I needed to get done, and yes, I mentally debated both sides of the issue. 

I've got so much I need to get done, I can't really afford to take a whole day for a zoo trip.
On the other hand, I could use a break -- a day just for fun.

In the end, the work around the house won out.  I went to my friend yesterday and asked her if she would be OK with putting our trip off until late next month, or maybe even into November.  She was not only OK with it, she said it would actually be better for her, because of some personal business she has to take care of.  So, it worked out for the best. 

It would have been a beautiful day to go, though.  Sunny, breezy, and not too warm.  I got out and got some more of that firewood cut up.  That is a job, I'm telling you!  Slowly but surely, I'm getting it done.  However, I'm rapidly getting to the point I'm going to need help.  I have a guy at work that says he'll come help me in exchange for half the wood, but so far, he hasn't shown up.  I told him earlier this week that the longer he waits, the more I cut by myself, and the more I keep. 

Oh, by the way, chainsaws work much better when you sharpen the chain every once in a while.

Also, you'll all be very thrilled to know that I cleaned off my car port.  See, there's been this pile of junk that's been sitting there since I moved in.  Every so often, I look at that pile of junk and tell myself, "Self, you really need to clean up that pile of junk."  But I don't.  Well, today I did.  No more pile of junk!  Yay, me!

The other thing I accomplished was to finish putting out my Fall decorations, and move the box back out to the shed.


That's about all I'm going to do for this year.  A few nicknacks on my Mammaw's ...um, whatever this is.



Even though it's kind of early, I put out the pilgrims, too


 This afternoon, the guy came back to see if he could get the old Jimmy started.  However, when he popped the hood, he discovered a rat had built a nest in the engine.  He's going to bring his wrecker and haul Jimmy down to his shop to fix it up, then sell it.  I'll be so glad to finally get that thing out of my yard!

Between getting rid of the Jimmy, the concrete, and the pile of wood, I'll finally have a yard again. 


I finally broke down and subscribed to HULU Plus.  I was thinking if I could watch The Big Bang Theory and NCIS on it, I could cut off my cable altogether.  Alas, they don't have those shows.  However, they do have Major Dad, and that right there is worth the price of admission.  


I know what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend...after I cut some more firewood in the morning. 

No comments: