Thursday, September 14, 2017

I Forgot


While I'm at work, I'm making plans.  I say to myself, I'm going to do this when I get home, and I'm going to do that when I get home, and I'm going to be so productive when I get home and get so much stuff done. Then I get home, and all I do is sit.  Watch TV.  Browse Facebook.  And I don't do anything I'd planned on doing. 

I'm sure you've been there, too.

Sometimes, blogging is the same way.  All day yesterday, I was mentally composing a blog post.  Oh, it was a wonderful post, but when I got home, for the life of me, I couldn't remember what it was.  The only thing I could remember is the imaginary post I'd written debunking a ridiculous hurricane Irma meme I'd seen on FB, but that wasn't it.  I knew there was more.  I just couldn't remember what. All evening, I wracked my brain trying to think of something to post, but couldn't come up with anything, so you didn't get a post. 

I got up bright and early this morning, and went to work.  About halfway across the parking lot, I remembered.  I remembered what I was going to blog about yesterday.  Fat lot of good it did me then.  Nevertheless, I whipped out my phone and made myself a note, reminding myself what it was I'd wanted to blog about.  Thus, you get yesterday's post today.

What with cooler weather coming in, and shorter hours at the plant, I'm starting to want to do a little more work on my house.  First thing I want to do is get the crown molding and baseboards up in my bedroom, and crown molding in my bathroom.  Then those two rooms will be finished for the time being.

The other half finished project I want to complete is stripping all that thick, gloppy paint off the bricks behind my wood burner.  The good news is, I have discovered that I can get a wire brush attachment for my angle grinder, so that ought to help out a lot.  Once I get it stripped back to the brick, I want to paint it a light gray -- kind of a stone gray color -- then reinstall the mantle.  I may hire someone to do that, too.  Or I may try to do it myself.  The mantle is just regular old 2 x 12 pine boards, so it wouldn't be too hard to replace it if I mess it up.

That will take care of the half finished projects.  Next up on the list: get my living room painted.  This time around, I'm going to take Supervisor Ronny's advice and put down a coat of Kilz primer first.  And maybe use my belt sander with fine paper to remove the finish on the paneling.  I'm not sure about that, though.  If I'm not careful, I could put even more gouges into the walls.  I may try it on the walls that will be covered by my entertainment center first, just to see how it goes.

Step 1: remember where I put my belt sander...

Finally, I put me a little bit of fall color out.


This wreath was on my front door, but I decided I wanted it where I could see it.  I need to get some little somethings to put on either side of that candle holder, too.  Those spots look empty.  Probably this weekend, I'm going to drag the big box of decorations in from the shed and start putting stuff up.

September is halfway over.    How did that happen anyway?




No comments: