Saturday, September 09, 2017

Saturday, For Want Of A Better Title

But first, some good news.  My friend Angie has made it out of Key West!  She and her husband left early this morning.  They are still in Florida, but they are off the island.  It's a very, very dangerous storm, but I feel a whole lot better about the situation, now.

And now, back to our regular post.

There I was at work, just a working away, when Third Shift Production Superintendent stopped by my stand and asked if I could come in early.  Um, you mean earlier?  Yeah.  I told him I would, but Monday morning, we were going to both go up to Day Shift Production Superintendent's office and clear it with him.  I don't want a repeat of what happened the last two times third shift personnel asked me to come in early.  I'm getting tired of feeling like a ping pong ball.  And I don't want my supervisor getting chewed out -- again -- for something he had no part in -- again.  This time, I want to hear it OKed out of MY ProdSups mouth with my own ears before I commit. 

So, it looks like I'll be on 12 hour shifts again for a while.  Eh, who needs sleep anyway?

It's a good thing those extra hours are coming along, because I've spent a buttload of money this last week or so.  There are a lot of businesses out there selling stuff with a "100% of the proceeds will go to hurricane relief" thing.  Naturally, I did what any red blooded American would do.  I combined a little hurricane relief with a little Christmas shopping, and hopefully did a little bit of good. And got a jump on Christmas. 

Not everything I bought was for Christmas gifts, though.  My tool bag for work was absolutely falling apart.  The seams were coming loose in more than one place, and there were holes worn in the bottom.  I was having to regularly poke my tools back in.  I was not pleased, as I've only had it a year.  This time, instead of buying a cheap Wal-Mart bag, I went to Amazon and bought one made from Military Grade canvas.  Having been in the military, I take that whole military grade thing with a grain of salt.


Still, I'm hoping this bag last longer than a year.  It had better, as much as I paid for it.

I also bought new shoes.  They're kind of a necessity.


I wish shoes didn't wear out.  Just about the time they get good and comfortable, it's time to get a new pair.

And I bought me a new little wax melter. 


You know, the kind you melt the scented wax cubes in.  It's starting to smell like Fall in this house.

Finally, after yesterday's discovery that my blog posts were no longer automatically publishing to Twitter, I though to myself  I'd probably ought to check my Google + feed, too.  I went over there, and sure enough, not a post for the last 6 weeks.  I guess I'm going to have to manually publish from now on.



No comments: