Friday, September 08, 2017

Friday

Today is Friday.  It didn't feel like a Friday, but it is.  So, there you have it.

I've been wondering here lately about the sudden drop in my blog hits.  I mean, did I suddenly get boring or something?  I sure hope not!  After a bit of investigation, I discovered that my syndication app hasn't been publishing my links to my Twitter account.  Since that app is no longer supported -- they want you to move all your content to their pay site -- there really isn't anything I can do to fix it.  I'll just have to remember to manually publish to Twitter.

BTW, if you came here from Twitter, you might want to check out some of the posts you missed.

Now, on to business.  Remember how I'd talked to Supervisor yesterday about the people coming in and drying the end of the line out?  He said he'd talked to them, and they weren't going to be coming in at 5:00 AM any more.  This morning, they came in at 6:00.....and dried the end of the line out.  Sigh...

And I still didn't have any help, and Other Sub-Brazer stood and watched me work -- again.


The good news is, they announced today that we would be working Saturdays for the rest of September, and go back to 5 day work weeks starting in October.  All subject to change, of course, and I have a feeling all these hurricanes are going to make people need to repair or replace some air conditioners.  We might end up with more work than we know what to do with.

Speaking of mornings, it's been chilly and Fallish these last couple of days, so much so that I started putting my Fall decorations out.


Just the wreaths so far, but if this cool weather continues, I might drag the rest of it out, too.

I'd bought these two mums for my front porch a couple of weeks ago.  


I was going to get one of those mini, decorative hay bales to set them on, but walked right out of the store without it.  However, I did get a pie pumpkin.


Funny thing, when I was in line checking out, I put my peppermint mocha coffee creamer up on the conveyor.  The person behind me exclaimed, "I've never seen peppermint mocha creamer!  Is it good?  I'll have to try it."  I was thinking, "Really?  It's only been out for at least 5 years."  But I was good and kept my mouth shut.  For once.

I know, right?  

Before we go, I'd like you to join me in a moment of silence to remember the 8000 lives lost in the Galveston Hurricane, September 8, 1900. 

No comments: