Saturday, September 23, 2017

I Forgot

I had a post for you yesterday.  Oh, it was a wonderful post, detailing all the work I'd done around the house, and how I'd worked so hard, I might as well have gone to work.  I came in, took a shower, watched some TV, and went to bed.

It was then that I realized I'd forgotten to post that wonderful post detailing all the work I'd done around the house on my day off.  Most of which involved wrestling with a chainsaw all morning.  Oh, and I did drag my big box of fall decorations out of the shed.  I added one final touch to my porch decor.  That's going to be it for this fall.  Well, for outside, at least.


This morning, I got up and spent a few minutes debating whether I wanted to wrestle with the chainsaw again today.  I decided against it, and just did some stuff inside the house. 

Beverly's other granddaughter Shelbi is expecting a little girl in November.  I found a pattern and knit a sweater for baby Addlyn.  The whole time I was knitting, I was thinking, "This seems mighty small."  Last night, I finished, and decided it was just too small.  If she even got to wear it, she'd outgrow it within a week.


I couldn't find another pattern I liked that used that size of yarn, so I dug into the stash to see what else I could come up with.  While I was looking through some yarn my MIL sent me, I found this.


It looks like a yarmulke with a fringe.  Here we see Charlotte modeling it.


Charlotte was not happy.  "Get that thing off of me," she said.  Who am I to argue with a Styrofoam head? 

And with that, I'm back to perusing baby patterns...

No comments: