Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Nope, Not Going To Happen

Yesterday morning, I got up bright and early....check that, I got up in the middle of the night, and went to work, where I promptly told Third Shift Production Superintendent I didn't want to come in at 3:00 AM any more. The conversation went something like this:

Me:  Is this going to be an every day thing, or is it just today?

TSPS:  Just today, unless you want to come in early.

Me:  Nooooo.  If you know ahead of time you're going to be shorthanded, let me know, and I'll come on in, but I can't do this every day.

And that was that.  There are some people who do go in every day at 3:00 AM, but I figure, what's the good of having all that money if you can't even enjoy it?  Speaking of, what the heck does a quality inspector need to be there four HOURS before the line starts up for? 

Enough about that.  I decided 10 hour shifts are enough for me. 

By the way, I bought me a new angle grinder. 


Have no idea what I'm going to use it for, but I wanted one.  Really, I thought maybe I could use it to sharpen my lawnmower blades and stuff.  I still have that rusted old blade I can practice on.  Whatever.  I'm sure I can find something to grind.  

Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day -- warm, with a cool breeze.  I couldn't stay inside, so I got out and did some yard work.  In addition to mowing, I started cleaning up behind the back fence.  I'm feeling it today, but I'm pleased with the progress I made.  I hope to get that whole fence line cleaned up over the winter, so maybe it'll be easier to take care of next summer. 

Today was not so beautiful, as the remnants of Irma passed over us.  It wasn't too bad -- not even as bad as Harvey.  Just a slow, soaking rain all day long.  When I got home, I went outside to check my spider lilies.  I'd seen the first few peeking their little heads up late last week.  Now, they're coming up everywhere.   


Here's an artsy fartsy shot I took with my phone.  


Phone cameras sure have come a long way since they first came out. 

No comments: