Thursday, September 21, 2017

I'm Free!

I'm free!  Until Monday, that is.

See, back in those dark times when we were often working four days a week during the Fall, I'd gotten into the habit of saving my vacation days for those Fridays.  That way, at least I would get paid.  Except for the one year I put in for all the Fridays, and they decided to give us Mondays instead.  But I don't want to talk about that. 

Even though work has picked back up, I'm still using most of my vacation days on Fall Fridays.  Basically, what I'm trying to tell you is that I've got tomorrow off.  And next Friday, and the one after that, and the one after that!  I will be working Fridays in December, though, because I have two weeks off at Christmas.  You have to work a minimum of 80 hours per month to get the attendance bonus.  I missed out on it last year, because I didn't think about that when I was scheduling my days.

The plant is working this Saturday, but since I have pre approved vacation, I don't have to.  I debated on working, because I always need the money, but I think I'm going to take Saturday off, too.    

I'm planning on getting some stuff done around the house -- particularly cutting up that big pile of firewood in my back yard.  I've been working on it off and on, and it's still pretty big, but it's smaller than it was.  Reality is, I'll probably just sit and watch TV all day.  

When I got home this afternoon, I found one of my lines down in my yard.



My first thought -- after determining it wasn't a power line -- was that someone was trying to steal my cable, but no, it couldn't be that, because the cable box is on the other side of the house.  Turns out, this line goes to my phone box. 


The line had slipped off the nail or whatever was holding it to the house.  I'm going to try to reattach it tomorrow, just to get it up off the ground.  I'm thinking, though, that since I no longer have a land line, I don't really need this at all.  I'm going to call (I know, I know) and ask them if they can just take the whole line away. 

I finally got a fake pumpkin for my porch.



I found one that looks realistic, instead of being covered with glitter or sequins.  I think it looks real good sitting there on that fake hay.  I still want to get some sort of scarecrow decoration to put out there with this stuff, but I'm not going to buy anything else until I drag my box of decorations out of the shed and see what I have in there to work with. 

Oh, that's something else I want to do this weekend.  Put out my fall decorations, since tomorrow is the first day of fall, and all that. 

It's still hot, but it's Fall!!

No comments: