Monday, May 05, 2014

Monday Moanday

This is Monday, also known as Moanday, so I'm going to spend a little time moaning.

I was zipping along on the second Jaywalker sock, almost ready to start the toe decreases, when this nagging feeling hit me. Something wasn't right. Dismissing my intuition, I doggedly knit on.

The feeling hit again. Something wasn't right. Again, I ignored my gut and knit on.

Yet a third time the feeling hit. Something wasn't right. This time, it wouldn’t let up. I decided I'd better check it out. Sure enough, about six rounds back, I'd missed an increase.

I tinked back and corrected the error. Now I am happily knitting in the right direction again.


A few years ago, I discovered that I am lactose intolerant. I've been taking Digestive Advantage Lactose Defense enzyme supplement, and with its help, I am able to drink milk and eat ice cream to my heart's content.

Friday, when I was doing my weekly resupply run, I discovered that my Wal-Mart no longer carries. it. Fortunately, Amazon does. Even better, it qualifies for Prime, so I get free second day shipping. It's supposed to be here Wednesday.


I've never made it a secret how old I am. I've never understood why someone's age was supposed to be such a big secret anyway. I'm going to turn 50 this year. And as a woman approaching 50, I am going through The Change. I'll spare you the gory details.  You can thank me now. 

For the last few years now, I've been taking Estroven. It's an herbal supplement blend designed to ease some of the symptoms of The Change. I'd been using the mood and memory formula, which is supposed to help your ….well, your mood and your memory. It worked well for me. My irritability was mostly gone, and the mood swings had somewhat leveled out.

Recently, I noticed that the caplets looked different, and the box said “New & Improved.” Well, let me tell you, they may be new, but they are definitely not improved. I might as well be taking sugar pills. Yes, I have written to the company letting them know I was displeased with the change. The hard part is going to be finding something that will work as well-- and won't cost an arm and a leg. 

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.   

1 comment:

Susie J. said...

Most of my kids started out as lactose intolerant. So many upset tummies in our house! We LIVED off of the digestive advantage! I recommend that stuff to anyone and everyone. And, amazingly enough, it helped them outgrow it! One only of the kids gets frequent tummy aches, and hers don't seem to be tied to lactose, but are instead Abdominal Migraines as far as we can tell.