Monday, May 19, 2014

A Trip To The Store

I hadn't planned on going to the store today.

Sure, I needed a few things, but nothing I couldn't live without until my regular shopping day.  But when I got home and checked my e-mail, I saw that my prescription that I'd forgotten I renewed was ready.

Oh, I guess I'm going to the store after all. 

While I was there, I decided I need to refill my attitude meds as well, so I bought jelly beans. 


Wandering around the store a bit...bestill my beating heart, journals on clearance!


I was tempted, but I behaved myself.  I settled for some new pens, instead.


Clearly, I have a problem.

I wandered a bit more and found myself in the electronics department.  Not quite as exciting, but a nice discovery nonetheless, the new Karate Kid movie in the $5 bin.


Yeah, I bought it.  I think I actually like it better than the original Karate Kid movies.  I couldn't stand Ralph Macchio.  Well, his character, Daniel.  He was just so whiny.  I liked the first movie, the second was OK, but by the third movie, I was ready to beat the crap out of him myself, just to shut up his whining.  Urgh...

Deciding I'd done enough damage to my checking account, I paid for my purchases and headed out to my car. 

You know, you never know when God is going to use you to brighten a stranger's day.  He touched someone's heart to leave this delightful little note on my car door. 


Suddenly, a hum drum day became just a little bit better. 

Now, I need to pay it forward.  How about a new hat for some special little girl?


I never know who is going to receive the hats I make, but like the note on my car door,  it is my hope and prayer that they make someone smile.

Just like that little anonymous note.   

No comments: