Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Wednesday Knitting

First of all, let's start this post off with a great big old "well crap!".

Remember the completed pair of socks I recently found in a bag of yarn? I took off my shoes today after work and felt a cold draft in my heel.  I looked down and found this.


All together now:  Well, crap! 

I'd only worn them four or five times.  The entire heel is threadbare, so it wouldn't even be worth trying to darn it.  Darn it!  And this was one of those high dollar yarns, too.  JaWoll Jacquard, that I bought in a fancy schmancy yarn store up in Memphis back in 2007.  Well, I won't be buying any more of that.  Honestly, I'm getting better durability out of my cheap yarns, like Patons Kroy and Knit Picks Essential/Stroll. 

On to better news, I got two squares knit into blanket #1.  These are from some of the yarns Sue sent me. 


Slowly but surely, both blankets are coming along.  One of these days, I'm going to lay them both out and take pictures of them.  Today will not be that day.  One of these days, I'm going to find and drag out all my WIPs and photograph them.  Today will not be that day, either.

Moving right along...

For the last year or so, I've been taking cartoons to work from time to time.  A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Bitstrips app to my phone, and have been having great fun starring in my own cartoons.

Today, I took this one to work.



Everyone got a big kick out of it, especially Vanessa.  She was calling everyone over to look at it.   They all laughed, except Group Leader Fernando.  He just shook his head and said, "I'd like to know what goes on in that head of yours." 

And I spent the rest of the day practicing my evilest of evil grins. 

Bwahahahaha!

No comments: