Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

It is a cold, rainy winter day, so let's not chat on the porch.  Join me around the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee, why don't you?

Everyday Ruralty


1.  Do you worry about what other people think? 

 Not so much.  I'm to the age where people's opinions just don't matter any more.  I figure as long as I'm living a life pleasing to God, everything else will fall into place. 

2.  Do you own a sewing machine? 

Yes, I do.  I used to sew all the time, but not so much any more.   I did sew myself a new skirt last fall, and I have a dress for the spring/summer in the works.  It still needs a zipper and to be hemmed, but it's almost done.

3.  Tell us about someone interesting in your life. Please.

Being a bit of a hermit myself, I don't really get out and meet people, therefore I can't think of anyone right now.   Unless you count the people on FB I know.  Then I could tell you some stories! 

4.  Did you watch the Super Bowl? 

Yes.  Seattle safety Earl Thomas III is from my hometown, so I had to support the Seahawks.  I didn't expect them to put that big of a smackdown on the Broncos, though.  

5.  What's the best dinner you had last week? 

Homemade tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.   Or maybe my homemade potato soup.  That's all I've eaten since I made it.  I'm telling you, if people don't stop sharing such good recipes, I'm going to have to break down and find me a feller to help me eat all this stuff up. 

Maybe I need to add  line to my personals ad:  Must love soup. 


Phoebes World said...

I love homemade soup...butternut squash is my favourite at the moment. I could eat it til it comes out of my ears
Thank you for sharing your answers
Have a great week
Phoebe x

Suzanne McClendon said...

I am a bit reclusive, too. One of my goals is to get a place out in the country and get out of town. Although this town has a population of less than 11,000 people, it is just too much city for me. :)

Have a great week!


Related Posts with Thumbnails