Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

It is a cold, rainy winter day, so let's not chat on the porch.  Join me around the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee, why don't you?

Everyday Ruralty



Questions:


1.  Do you worry about what other people think? 

 Not so much.  I'm to the age where people's opinions just don't matter any more.  I figure as long as I'm living a life pleasing to God, everything else will fall into place. 

2.  Do you own a sewing machine? 

Yes, I do.  I used to sew all the time, but not so much any more.   I did sew myself a new skirt last fall, and I have a dress for the spring/summer in the works.  It still needs a zipper and to be hemmed, but it's almost done.

3.  Tell us about someone interesting in your life. Please.

Being a bit of a hermit myself, I don't really get out and meet people, therefore I can't think of anyone right now.   Unless you count the people on FB I know.  Then I could tell you some stories! 

4.  Did you watch the Super Bowl? 

Yes.  Seattle safety Earl Thomas III is from my hometown, so I had to support the Seahawks.  I didn't expect them to put that big of a smackdown on the Broncos, though.  

5.  What's the best dinner you had last week? 

Homemade tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.   Or maybe my homemade potato soup.  That's all I've eaten since I made it.  I'm telling you, if people don't stop sharing such good recipes, I'm going to have to break down and find me a feller to help me eat all this stuff up. 

Maybe I need to add  line to my personals ad:  Must love soup. 


2 comments:

Phoebes World said...

I love homemade soup...butternut squash is my favourite at the moment. I could eat it til it comes out of my ears
Thank you for sharing your answers
Have a great week
Phoebe x

Suzanne McClendon said...

I am a bit reclusive, too. One of my goals is to get a place out in the country and get out of town. Although this town has a population of less than 11,000 people, it is just too much city for me. :)

Have a great week!