Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

I've been staying up late watching the Olympics and am kind of brain dead today, so I decided to cop out and do a Chat. 

I know we normally do Chats on Tuesday, but Patrice and the whole family are down with the flu, so we didn't have one yesterday.  Let's take a brief moment to say a prayer for their healing.


OK, so what I decided to do was to go back and get an old Chat from before I started participating and answer those questions, so here we go...


Everyday Ruralty

1.  What season was your wedding? If you aren't married, the what season is your birthday? 

 Spring.  Well, technically still winter since I got married on March 6 and spring doesn't officially start until the 21st or thereabouts.  But in the South, spring usually starts mid- February.  I don't think we're going to make it this year.  Oh, and my birthday is in the Fall.  November. 

2.  What names did you call your grandparents?(ie- grandma, granny, gran, grammie) 

 My mother's parents were Grandma and Grandpa (or as my grandpa used to sign birthday cards G-paw).  After Grandma died and Grandpa remarried, my step grandmother was Granny.  My father's parents were Mammaw and Pappaw-- only Mammaw spelled them Mamo and Papo.

3.  What's your favorite smell that comes from your oven? 

Chocolate chip cookies.

4.  If you eat eggs- scrambled, fried, over easy, sunny side up, or other? 

 I love them any old way!  My favorite is sunny side up, with runny yokes.  Except that I'm allergic to eggs, so I'm mostly going by memory now. 

5. What's the tidiest room in your house? What's the messiest? 

The living room is the tidiest, and the messiest are the office/craft room and the room that used to be Cody's bedroom and has now become a storage room.

That's it for the Chat.  You're welcome to hang around and watch Olympics with me.

Speaking of Olympics, I'd like to extend a very special thank you to NBC for announcing the results on their nightly news BEFORE showing the coverage of the day's events.  Way to spoil things, NBC.  

No comments: