Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch


Everyday Ruralty



1.  Have you been watching the Olympics? 

 Yes, I love the Olympics.  I'll watch things during the Olympics that I don't normally watch otherwise-- like hockey and basketball.  I just hate that NBC has such sucky coverage.  They must think everyone does nothing but stay up all night watching TV. 

2.  Does the grey winter affect your moods?

Yes, but in a good way.  I love chilly, gray, overcast days.  Days I can snuggle down with my blanket, knitting, and some hot chocolate and watch my favorite shows on Netflix.   Or with a good book.  It's the sweltering, blistering, humid days of summer I can't stand. 

3.  When was the last time you held a baby? 

Let's see...the last baby I held will turn 18 in April.  I hate to sound ugly, but I'm not one of those people who just looooves kids.  Send them to me when they turn 30.  

4.  Do you do a thorough spring cleaning each year? 

No.  I probably should, but I don't. 

5.  Please tell Wendell a bedtime story. He asked. I said I'd ask you.If you don't feel that creative, tell him a favorite book you think he might like. please:) 

Hmmm, I can't think of any good stories to tell right now, so I'll recommend some books.  Horse books, of course.  How about Billy and Blaze, and all the sequels.   Well, pretty much any book by C.W. Anderson.  Then there is my favorite childhood horse book, Little Black A Pony.  There you go.  I hope you find something you enjoy. 

3 comments:

katie eggeman said...

I am very fond of my own grandkids, but kids in general....I'd rather leave them...too..

Patrice said...

The CW Anderson books were wonderful!I love the illustrations.

Leslie said...

Cozy pj days are the best.