Friday, February 28, 2014

A Rare Day Off

I got a rare Saturday off tomorrow.  They're shutting down part of the plant to work on a machine, and I just happened to be working in the part they are shutting down.  Supervisor Ronnie asked me if I would be willing to work anyway, if they needed someone somewhere else.  I said yes, but then prayed nonstop for two days that he wouldn't ask.  I've got a lot of stuff I need to catch up on at home.

You tend to get behind when you work 6 days a week. 

Rylea apparently didn't think I had enough to do, so she promptly threw up on the carpet.  Add "Shampooing the Carpet" to my list of things to do.  Sigh...

I'll need to do the ubiquitous laundry, and I will have to go to the store, because I didn't go today.  And I need to get my taxes done, because I keep putting it off.  And I want to get out and take pictures of the daffodils that are already blooming. And maybe do some prep work in my flower beds, and, and, and...

Aww, heck.  Who am I kidding?  I'll probably end up sitting in front of the TV all weekend. 

But the first thing I'm going to do is to sleep past 3:30 AM. 

I think that's what I'm looking forward to the most.




No comments: