Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

After a few warm days, we're in for a bit of cold weather again.  Since that is the case, how about we gather round the kitchen table with some hot tea or coffee instead of chatting on the porch?

Everyday Ruralty




1.  What is your favorite kind of bread? (wheat, white, rye, sourdough, a gluten free type, etc.)

I love sourdough bread.  My aunt and uncle used to make some years ago from a starter they made with potato flakes, sugar, and some other things.  Otherwise, I like white bread.

2.  Would you go to an opera if someone you know was in it?

Not likely.  I don't get out much anyway, and opera just isn't my thing. 

3.  What is your favorite kind of citrus fruit?

Oranges are my favorite, but I am allergic to them.  Other than that, I'd have to say ruby red grapefruit. 

4.  Are you doing any home renovations or decorating projects?

No.  I don't have sense enough to decorate, nor money enough to renovate anything. 

5.  If you could sit in a rocking chair and view a beautiful scene, where would you be and what would you be looking at? 

Not sure where, but I'd love to be sitting over a field of wildflowers.  Or maybe a lake, with the mountains behind it.  Anywhere nature flourishes.  

Except on the beach.  Rocking chairs just don't belong on the beach. 

4 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

I used to make that same bread....but would find myself eating practically an entire loaf with butter....had to stop!!! ;-)

Lottie said...

We used to make that bread, too! We had to stop for the same reason. Gosh, I sure do miss that bread!!!!

Great answers!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Your response to #4 made me giggle. I am with you on not having the money to renovate. That's says it about me, too. And, it would be difficult to rock in the sand. lol Now GFC following...;)

Patrice said...

I vote for the lake and the mountains. You can't beat the views.