Thursday, January 09, 2014

Weird Stuff

Weird stuff just seems to happen to me.

I got up this morning -- thankful that the ice storm had passed us by-- and went into the bathroom to attend to my...um...business. I noticed that the roll of toilet paper was getting kind of low.  When I got a new roll out of the pack, it was soaking wet.

I didn't think too much of it.  Maybe the dogs had spilled their water on it, so I reached for another roll.  It, too, was wet.

Huh?

So was the third roll, and the fourth.. all ten rolls left in that pack were soaking wet.  I still have no idea how they got so wet.  There was no water on the floor, and the walls weren't wet, so there wasn't any sort of leak.  I thought maybe the cat was using them as a litterbox, but they didn't smell like pee.

Needless to say, I retained the bulk of my transaction until I got to work, which didn't set too well with Group Leader Fernando.

"You should have gone before you  left the house," says he.

"But I didn't need to go then," replies I.  Which wasn't exactly true, but if I had gone before I left the house, things could have gotten very messy indeed.

Straight to the store after work to get new toilet paper.  While I was there, I got a new toaster oven, too, my old one having kicked the bucket a few weeks ago.


It still made toast, but the oven part didn't work any more. I think it was something with the thermostat. It would just get very, very hot and burned everything I tried to cook.  But I'm not complaining too much.  I'd had the thing for forever.  I definitely got my money's worth out of it.

Now, I think I'll take my new one out of the box and fix myself some toast with cheap generic brand imitation Nutella on it (which tastes a lot better than it sounds).

No comments: