Friday, January 03, 2014

Knackered

I was kind of hoping today would be a better day at work.  It wasn't.  Again, I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say if there's a word beyond exhausted, I'm there.

But my day wasn't over when the job was done.  After work, I had to drag my weary body to the store.  While I was there, inspired by my son, I bought some Tea Earl Gray Hot.  As I was checking out, the checker picked up the box, looked at it, and asked, "What is that?"

Seriously.  It says TEA right there on the box.


It even has a picture of a teapot on it.  And she says, "What is that?".

She got lucky.  I was too tired to be my usual snarky self.  I just said, "Tea" and let it go at that.

Ah, well, I guess she's not a geek. 

Anyway, I said yesterday that we hit the ground running, and we did.  We're working our first of many Saturdays tomorrow, and I've got to go in at 5 AM.  That means I've got to be there at five, which calls for a 3:30 wake up time. 

I'm going to bed. 

No comments: