Saturday, January 25, 2014

It's Here!!!

The first overtime check came in today, and my checking account breathed a sigh of relief.  It had gotten so tight it was squeaking.

Long family tradition dictates that with the first overtime check, we buy something we've been wanting for a long time, but had been putting off due to financial reasons.  When Cody was three-ish, it was a box of plastic bugs.

Other times it has been a DVD we'd been wanting, or even something as simple as going out for pizza.

Last summer, a friend posted a link to a ring.  Now, I'm not a big jewelry person, but I did love this ring. 


It cost a bit more than I normally spend on frivolities, so I took some old financial advice I'd heard years ago.  Wait 30 days before you buy it, and if you still want it that bad, go ahead.  I waited a bit longer than 30 days --like six months-- but I realized I still wanted it just as bad as I did when I first saw it. 
 


I must say, it's definitely going to take some getting used to. It's very heavy, but then it is titanium, and I'm not used to wearing rings at all.  Right now, I've got it on my right hand, but if it gets too annoying, I'm going to move it to my left. 

Then I'll have to say, "No, I did not get married" exactly 5836 times.  That may not be worth it. 

Speaking of marriages, I've been watching Bridezillas.  I've watched it (on Netflix) off and on for a few years now.  I'm telling you, I don't know why any man would want to be married to one of those shrieking harpies. 

Sometimes Group Leader Fernando calls me Bad Attitude.  Next time he does that, I'm just going to tell him, "Hey, it could be worse.  I could be a Bridezilla." 


No comments: