Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hodge Podge And Miscellany

Today has been one of those days.  It all started at 3:30 AM. 

Yes, you read that right.  AM.  Ante Meridian.  Three Thirty.

I woke up to answer nature, and couldn't get back to sleep.  So, yes, it's been a long day and I'm starting to feel it. 

I got to work and told Group Leader Fernando, "I woke up with a positive attitude this morning." 

He said, "Nah, it's just gas." 

I've come to discover that he and I share the same slightly twisted sense of humor.  I've often said I was going to take pictures of my co-workers so you all can put a face to all these names I'm talking about.  It's kind of hard, though, since we're not supposed to have phones at work.  Cameras, neither.  So if I'm going to get pictures, I kind of have to do it on the sly.    He'd probably kill me if he knew I'd taken this, but here you go.  One slightly out of focus, taken on the sly photo of Group Leader Fernando. 


Just don't tell him, okay?

Oh, a bit of good news.  This other guy I work with stopped by my brazing stand the other day to say hello.  I don't even remember what we were talking about.  We were just chatting, when out of the blue, I asked him, "Do you have some land I can squirrel hunt on?"

"Yeah."

"You do?  Really?"

"Yeah"

He's got some land that he deer hunts on, and says it's overrun with squirrels.  He's been begging another coworker of ours to get out there and clean them out some, but the other guy won't go hunt out there.  I said I would.  I love squirrel. 

He told me how to get there, but said to wait until deer season ends before I go hunting.  He said I could hunt there in the fall, too until deer season starts.  That'll work out right nicely, because squirrel season opens usually the end of September.  That'll give me a couple of months to hunt, since he doesn't do archery or primitive weapons. 

Cool. 

Now, I need to go stock up on shotgun shells. 

No comments: