Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Good News And Bad News

So, we survived the Polar Vortex, formerly known as winter, just in time for an ice storm.  Yeah....I'm hoping it isn't as bad as they're predicting since the heat went out in my Jimmy.

The good news is, James came over and fixed my shingles for me.  It wasn't too hard.  He just straightened them out and tacked them down.  So that's done.

The bad news is, we worked on Jimmy for a while, but couldn't get the heat to come on.  He thinks it's the switch thingy behind the dash.  That's going to cost bunches of money to fix.  I was looking into getting one of those small heaters that plug into your cigarette lighter, just to defrost the windshield, as a stop gap, but all the ones I've seen have gotten such bad reviews.  The biggest complaint is that they don't put out enough heat, and constantly blow fuses.  So, I don't know what I'm going to do. 

I did go for three years without heat once, but I don't really want to go there again.  

Maybe I'll just buy a new car.  Heh, I wish. 

Oh, and de-icer will actually freeze on your windshield.  Ask me how I know.  


No comments: