Thursday, January 02, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

The first day back at work is always rough, and today was no exception.  I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say, I'm almost too tired to type.  Aaaand, Group Leader Fernando asked me if I would be willing to work overtime, and I said, "I'll work all the overtime you can get me."  So, yeah, we're hitting the ground running. 

Then I came home from work, made myself some hot chocolate, and forgot to drink it.  Until it became cold chocolate, only I was too tired to get up and microwave it, so I just drank it cold.  It's like chocolate milk.  Sigh...

The good news is, Chats are back!  They're on a different day -- for this week only-- but they are back. 

Everyday Ruralty




1.  Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? 

No.  I don't do resolutions, but I do set goals for the year.  My goals for this year are to knit from stash and avoid buying new yarn, and to pay down my debts as much as possible.  

2. Are your decorations still up? 

No.  As much as I'd love to leave them up longer, I try to get them down before I go back to work.   Some years we jump right into the 9 hours 6 days overtime, and it's just easier that way.  The house always looks a bit sad for the first few days. 

3.  What did Santa bring you? Okay, maybe not Santa...

A new battery for my Jimmy.  Hey, in these tough economic times, even Santa has to be practical.  

4.  Do you have any special plans for 2014? 

'Fraid not.  Like I said, my biggest goal is to get my debts paid down, and I'll be pinching every penny until I do.  

5.  Have you had any snow yet?

Not yet.  We rarely get snow here anyway, and when we do, it's mostly just light flurries.  I get excited if it sticks until the sun comes up.  

That's it for chats.  I usually try to come up with some witty and clever sign off, but I'm just too tired, so

ummm, ummm, ummm, goodbye.

2 comments:

Suzanne McClendon said...

I have the same goal regarding yarn. I'm working on a big batch of lapghans for a nursing home and am not so sure I'll be able to reach this particular goal unless I make them scrappy.

Best wishes to you in reaching your debt payoff goals and for a happy New Year!

Your sis in Christ,
Suz

Patrice said...

Those are good goals. I remember being really focused to pay down debt before I met the farmer. It hurt, but it felt so good when I didn't have that hanging over my head. I think using a yarn stash is good too. I just pulled out the old plastic storage boxes of my daughter's yarn to start an afghan. She's not knitting as much, so I might as well use it. Happy New Year! Wishing lots of warm hot chocolate. :)