Thursday, October 24, 2013

Murphy's Week


This absolutely has been Murphy's Week at work.  You know, Murphy's Law.

Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you think.
Whatever can go wrong, will.

Yeah...

It all started Monday.  We brazed an entire 100+ piece order, only to discover that the copper was bad, and was rupturing under pressure when the units were leak tested. So, we had to pull that entire order off  the line until tubing could re do the parts.  Of course, we didn't have anything ready for the next one, because we'd just started brazing it.  That put us behind, and we never did get caught up.  We had to stay late to get some work built up for second shift.

Tuesday, I already told you about the worrisome substitute group leader...

Yesterday, the order we were brazing on, well, there was something wrong with the slabs, so we had to pull off that order, and jump down to an order we hadn't started yet.  To make matters worse, the order that we'd jumped down to, whoever brazed the pressure tap fittings didn't do a very good job, and they were all leaking.  So, the other sub brazer and I had to go behind them and fix all of those.  That put us behind, and we never did get caught up and had to stay late.

Today, we got there and all the headers second shift had left us were wrong.  They hadn't put the parts into the jigs to braze them, and had apparently just propped the adapter tubes into place.  They wouldn't fit onto the coils, so we had to redo all of them.  That put us behind from the get go.  Add to that, almost every order we had to day had 10 adapter tubes, well, there's just no way we could keep up with those big headers.  So, we had to stay late.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

On the bright side, at least we are getting to work tomorrow.

On the other bright side, it's finally cooled off enough that I felt like putting out my fall decorations.  

 
Yes, I realize that calendar still says September.  What you don't realize is that it is September 2012.  I'm short and can't reach it to take it down.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Let's just look at some more decorations...


I was going to put something in this space, too, but well, that's going to take a bit more work...


I just don't think I'm up to it this week. 

In  anticipation of the cooler nights, I got out my flannel sheets to put onto the bed, and too my horror, I discovered these:


Holes!  In my sheets!  Well, no problem.  I just put the holy spots on my husband's side of the bed.  Since my husband is imaginary anyway, I'll just imagine him not complaining about the holes in the sheets.

That'll work. 

Doncha think?

No comments: