Friday, October 25, 2013

Hot Men

Every so often, from time to time, I print out cartoons and take them to work. This morning, I took this one. 


An Apache helicopter has more than just machine guns and missiles, so I got a pen and wrote at the bottom:

And hot men in uniform.

Because you know there is nothing hotter than a man in uniform.  (Except maybe a man in a kilt, but that's a different topic for a different day.)  And you know all that gear they tote around?  Hot.  Yeah, the more junk they are carrying, the hotter they are...

Um, excuse me while I go splash some cold water on my face...

.
.
.
.
OK, I'm back.  Now, where was I?  Oh, yeah, hot guys in uniforms... 

Like I said, there is nothing hotter than a man in uniform, so I wrote "and hot men in uniform" at the bottom of my picture.

You would not believe the looks I got -- not from the women.  Oh, no, not from the women, but from the men.  The sideways looks, the smirks, the comments...as if there were something wrong with me admiring a man in uniform. 

They got no room to talk.  I mean, I get stared at all day long.  And I do mean all.  day.  long.  If they can look, so can I.    So there. 

Or maybe they were just feeling inadequate.  Maybe they knew they didn't measure up.  Oh, they're good men, most of them, but there's a quality in a military man that you just don't find in someone who's never served.  A sense of honor.  A depth of character.  A strength that civilians just don't have. 

The only one who didn't try to make something of my picture was U.S. Army Retired Group Leader

Fernando.

He just smiled and walked on, not saying a word. 

He didn't need to.


No comments: