Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

Today is Tuesday, and Tuesday means chats.  However, when I went over to Everyday Rurality (link in right sidebar) to get the questions, there were no questions.  Just a message from a very upset horse complaining that Patrice had taken his grain.

She told me she didn't want to talk today because she has my grain. How dare she! I should have my grain, so I'm happy with a full tummy! I can't believe Patrice has my grain. It's mine! I think she should give it back.

I cannot brain today.  I haz teh dumb.

I had to read through the paragraph several times before I figured out that he meant she has a migraine.   So we'll wish her a speedy recovery and chat about other things, shall we?

Work was exhausting today. Group Leader Fernando wasn't there, and the person they sent over there to ...well, lead the group...um...is..um...well...as my co-worker likes to say, she'll worry the horns off a billy goat.  And she did exactly that. 

The irony is, she worried us so much about doing our work, that we couldn't get our work done because of her worrying us, and ended up having to stay late to get the work done that we didn't get done while she was worrying us to death.  Then she came over and started worrying us about staying late.  I guess my co-worker got a little fed up because she told her, "We will get the work done, and then we will leave."

I was going to go the insurance meeting after work.  The one where they explain the changes to our insurance and how much it's going to go up, but because I had to stay and work, I didn't get to go.  I'm going to get up and go to the one at 6 AM. 

Yeah, I know...

In the meantime, I'll be reading Veronica Roth's new book, Allegiant.  The third and final chapter in the Divergent trilogy.




I'll catch up with you folks when I come up for air.

No comments: