Monday, October 28, 2013

Done For Now

I got two more washcloths done since last we spoke, but alas, I am done for now. Why? Why, I'm out of yarn! I was really sweating that last cloth, too. I wasn't sure if I would have enough to finish, but I did.  Barely. 


I love this cloth.  I've made it before, and was chastised for it, because someone considered it sacrilegious to put a nativity scene on a washcloth.  Seriously?

Moving on...here is the one I finished today.


Note that all these are being shown in their preblocked state.  Once I get them all done, I'll block them and take finished photos of them.  That's all the washcloths until I can get some more yarn.

In other news, it was supposed to get down possibly to freezing last weekend, but it didn't quite make it.  It did get down to the upper 30s, but now we are back to summertime.  It's going to get up into the 80s the next two days, but will cool off by the weekend.

However, in anticipation of the frost that didn't quite get here, I went out and took a few last photos of my flower beds. 



The zinnias have about had it, but the lantanas still look pretty good.


The Four O'Clocks are completely dead.  They ended up being something's salad. 

Finally, a hat I finished a couple of weeks ago, and forgot to post.



This is some yarn I got on clearance at the now closed Hank of Yarn store.  I've still got plenty of yarn left, so I ought to be able to get several more of these hats done. 

No comments: