Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Best Laid Plans

Well, you know what they say about them.

The plan today was to get up and go get my blood drawn, then head on down to Jackson to the art museum.  Old Masters To Monet and all that...

But yesterday Group Leader Fernando came running up to me and asked me if I really needed that day off.  Seems that they had approved too many brazers to have vacation today, so they needed some of us to cancel them.

That's one problem with having so many supervisors.  Sometimes you get a failure to communicate.

So, there he stood, Group Leader Fernando, giving me the puppy dog eyes.  I couldn't help but laugh.



Dude, I've got three dogs that give me that look all day.  It doesn't work for them.  It won't work for you.


(Those puppy dog eyes are balanced out by the looks of total disdain that I get from the cat.)  (And yes, I know that's only two.  Rylea was not cooperating.)

I wasn't about to let him know what I sucker I am for big brown eyes.

Buuut, dude got lucky.  I had just checked the weather report, and saw that it was going to be stormy again, and I didn't really want to drive to Jackson in that weather.  So, in the end, I capitulated.  He said he'd make it up to me.  In retrospect, I think I should have gotten that in writing.

So, instead of hanging out with Van Gogh, Renoir, Tolouse-Loutrec, and Monet, I had to go hang out with Group Leader Fernando.  I was not happy about that. 

Turns out, it didn't even rain.  I was not happy about that, either. 

To add insult to injury, I'm out of ice cream.  And I'm not happy about that, either, either. 

To make up for it, I went fishing after work.   The little pond I like to fish at was closed, so I went to the spillway.


I caught three little bitty fish, and threw them all back.  



But that's three more than anyone else caught.  The fish just weren't biting.

Now, I'd better head for bed, because G.L.F said he hoped I would have a better attitude tomorrow, but if I don't get some sleep, that ain't gonna happen.  

G.L.F = Group Leader Fernando, not to be confused with D.L.F = Dear Little Friend from the C.S. Lewis book Prince Caspian

OK, I'll stop now.  But it has been that kind of day. 

It has.  Really.

Sheesh...

Goodnight.

No comments: