Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Personals Ad

Most of the time, I'm very content with my life.  I'm happy being on my own.  I don't feel like I need a man in my life to make it complete.

Oh, I'm not opposed to the idea of getting married, and maybe some day someone will come along and make me change my mind about not being the marrying kind, but for now, I like my life the way it is.

Every so often, though, I get in these moods...

Well, today I decided I might try one of those online dating sites, so I started working on my profile.  I came up with something like this:

Sherlocked Browncoated Whovian Trekkie seeks mad man in a blue box for adventures in time and space.

Hobbies include reading, knitting, randomly quoting poetry at inappropriate times, attempting to bring archaic words back into the current vernacular, and running in slow motion while singing the theme to Chariots of Fire.

Must be self sufficient, have bigger on the inside technology, and a gun named Vera.

No Potterheads, please.  

Um, yeah...

I guess I'll just stay single for a bit longer.


No comments: