Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Must Be Psycic Or Something

Anyone who knows me well knows I have a bit of a temper.  It's something I've really been working on.  So, a couple of months ago, I came up with a new strategy. When any man started getting on my nerves, I'd just imagine him wearing a kilt.  My theory was that he'd either look so sexy or so ridiculous, I couldn't stay mad. 

So far, it seems to be working.  I haven't really lost my temper since.  I've misplaced it from time to time, but haven't completely lost it.

Anyway, needless to say, Group Leader Fernando spends a lot of time in kilts.  In my mind, at least.  A lot of time...

I'd never imagined him in a red tartan, though.  It was always one of the blue/green ones.  This one:



This morning, just out of curiosity, I decided to research that pattern, and see which clan Group Leader Fernando belongs to.

Now, keep in mind that I had never really seen this tartan before, and didn't know anything about its history or meaning.  I just googled tartan, and looked at the images that came up.  I saw several that were close, but not quite. 

But there, one of the very last images, there is was.  The tartan.  Group Leader Fernando's tartan.

I looked at the name of it:  Black Watch. 

It is the tartan used by The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland (3 SCOTS) is an infantry battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.  A part of the British Army. 


A military tartan. 

An Army tartan.

How in the world would I have known that? 


(For those of you who may not remember, Group Leader Fernando spent 20 years in the Army.  The US Army, though.  Not the British Army.  Still, it's quite the coincidence, isn't it?)

No comments: