Saturday, July 06, 2013

Saturday Stuffs

I was knitting away on Cody's hat. I got this far, then decided that I'd cast on way too many stitches.  I tried it on, and yes, it would be way too big, even for his gargantuan head. 

So I ripped it out and started over, casting on fewer stitches.  It's going much quicker, too, and I'm almost back to where I was before frogging.

Aaaand that's about all I did today, other than laundry and various other menial tasks.

I did go to the store, though.  I normally go on Fridays, but this new UPS guy delivers so late.  It was 6:00 PM before he got here yesterday.  Well, by that time, I was settled in for the night and just didn't want to go anywhere.

Truth is, I didn't want to put my bra back on.

Women will understand.

So, I went today.

Along with the usual sundries, I bough myself this cute new nightgown.


It was time for a new one.  My old nightgown had gotten so threadbare that I could almost see through it.  That's just one of those things you don't really pay attention to, until one day you're looking in the mirror and realize that you might as well be naked. 

I also bought two more bars of the Fels-Naptha soap and made some more laundry detergent.  The single batch I made only filled the ice cream bucket I was storing it in about 25% of the way.

I wasn't going to make more until I'd used that up, but looking at it, my OCD kicked in. 

What can I say?  It's who I am.

One final note, Cody has started his own blog:  The Christ, The Man, And The Video Store.  

Y'all should check it out. It's really well written.

No comments: