Sunday, July 25, 2010

One More Thing

But first, a knitting update: 


I got a few more squares done on the Friendship Blankie, but now I'm out of yarn again. So, it's back into its bag until I get some more.  What I really need to do is to get some more socks done.  That way, I'll need to buy some more sock yarn, and I'll have more for the blankie.  I know, sock yarn doesn't count as stash, but I'm running out of places to put it. 

And here's the Fruit Of The Vine scarf after 5 pattern repeats.


But what I really wanted to show you is this, the final purchase I made that day I went shopping:


It is, as you can tell, a leather--albeit fake--journal with a ribbon marker.  I'd been admiring it in Wal-mart for weeks, now, but hadn't bought it.  That day, I'd forgotten to get milk, so when I went back into town, I bought it.  I'd already spent scads of money, so I figured, "what's $13 more dollars." 

This may have significance to the blog.  You see, I've been debating with myself for a while now about whether or not I want to keep the blog going.  Nobody's reading.  I get a measly 8-10 hits per day, and most of them are searching for photos of king snakes.  Few hits, and fewer comments.  I know I've always said that I blog for me, not to get readers.  But if nobody's reading, I'd much rather record my thoughts in long hand in a fake leather journal with a ribbon marker.  I've said before that Calliope doesn't like keyboards.  Calliope likes pen and paper.  There's just something warm and alive about reading something written out in long hand.

I guess the truth is, I've kind of lost interest in blogging.  I used to see it as sitting down with a good friend at the end of the day and chatting together over a cup of coffee.  I looked forward to posting, and to reading.  But now it seems that all the friends I used to chat with no longer come around.  Many of them no longer post on their own blogs, either. Maybe whoever said it was right.  Maybe this whole blogging thing is passe'.  Or maybe I'm just that boring.

Face it, my life isn't exactly a wellspring of excitement, is it?  I get up at 4 something, work in a factory for 9-10 hours a day.  I come home, and by the time I catch up on 10 hours worth of Facebook posts, it's about time to get ready for bed.  I have to go to bed while it's still daylight to get a halfway decent night's sleep.  And yes, I'll admit, there is significant amount of sleep deprivation going on here.

I've thought about including more current events in my blog, and maybe with peak season winding down, I'll do a better job of keeping up with what's going on in the world.  And a better job of posting about it.  That's the real problem--sitting down to post about it.  I'd thought that buying the laptop would make blogging easier, but it's had quite the opposite effect.  If Calliope doesn't like keyboards, Calliope really doesn't like laptops!  It seems blogging has become more of a chore than a joy here of late.  So, I'll be debating with myself about whether to continue prattling on about my boring life here where you all can read.  In the meantime, dull posts will continue.

Funny thing about that fake leather journal.  I'd wanted it for so long, but now that I have it, I find myself extremely reluctant to put pen to it.  I haven't written a thing in it yet. 

Rylea says, "All you really need is a good nap." 


Ah, if only life were that simple, sweet girl. 

.

3 comments:

StephieKnits said...

Sorry I have been reading. I just have been out of words myself. I am not talking alot this days either. I have a tooth coming out next week so I hope that will increase my communication.

Ruth said...

I read your blog nearly every day, I just don't comment much. I will miss it, if you stop posting, but you should do whats right for you.

Opal said...

ack! don't kill the blog! :-o

yeesh. you don't have a dull life!