Saturday, July 03, 2010

Finished Object!

And that FO would be the Vernal Equinox shawl.  Well, I really finished it last weekend, but I didn't get around to blocking it until today.  I did run into one minor snag.  I got this far in the bind off



and ran out of yarn.  No biggie, as I had another hank.  I just was hoping not to have to wind it. But I did, and persevered. 


Funny thing is, I thought it was going to be a fairly small shawl when I started knitting it, but it was almost too big to pin out on my bed. 


Here is the final product, released from its bonds.



An interesting thing happened today while I was cleaning snake tanks.  I was cleaning out Scarlett's tank and found these things buried in the substrate:


At first, I couldn't figure out what they were, then it hit me.  Eggs!  She'd laid eggs!  Of course, they weren't fertile, because she's never been with a male, but still.  It's kind of nice to know that the little snake I thought was going to die has recovered enough to lay eggs. 


The would-be mama.  The spots are water spots on the glass, which I am notoriously lax about wiping down. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails