Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Sundries

The plan was to get up and drive to Columbus.  Christi has been wanting me to come visit, and I'd planned to do so, but in the end, it just didn't happen.  It's been such a hectic week at work that any sort of movement today on my part was out of the question.   Even though the Saturday Sky was a beautiful, cloudless blue


the temperatures were still in the upper 90's, so doing anything outside was out of the question, too.  So, I pretty much stayed inside all day.  The most exciting thing was that yesterday evening my flat iron died.  I'm just glad it died after work, when I could go get a new one without having to go out in public with my hair all sticking out everywhere.

Even my knitting mojo seems to have wilted in the heat.  I need to cast on the second Pixie Dust sock


but it just didn't happen.  I'm part way through the leg of the first Gingerbread House sock


but it didn't reach out and grab me either.  These are both being made with Knit Picks Imagination sock yarn.  I'm telling ya, this yarn ain't it.  I love the color of the Gingerbread House, but the twist is soooo loose that I feel that these socks won't last very long.

Even my Fruit Of The Vine scarf wasn't calling to me.


Nor were the two lace yarns I still have on the needles. So naturally, I did what I always do in these situations.  I cast on something new.


The pattern is Tidal Wave, by Southwest Trading Company.  The pattern was written for their TOFUtsies yarn, but that's not what I'm using.  This is Cherry Tree Hill Supersocke in the limited edition Very Scary colorway.  I've made a pair of these before out of TOFUtsies, but they got huge holes in the heels.  So, we're trying it again.  The mojo is definitely with these.  I cast them on this morning, and am almost ready to turn the heel on the first one.

But that'll have to wait until tomorrow.  I'm going to bed now.

No comments: