Saturday, August 22, 2009

Socks and Skies

It was an absolutely beautiful day. Partly cloudy Saturday Sky.

Not too warm. OK, it was in the 80s, but it was breezy enough that I was able to open my windows and enjoy the fresh air.


I'm not so sure that was such a good idea, since it seemed that every single person within a 10 mile radius was mowing grass today. But I did it anyway.

And what did I do on this glorious Saturday? House work. I'm serious. Something about having the windows open, the breezes flowing through the house, the fall feel in the air motivates me to clean. Heck, I even made Cody clean up his room.

I did get some knitting done, too. I made it past the gusset decreases on my first Bandwagon sock,

and pulled out this old Trekking Is For Necking scarf.

It's been languishing in UFO land for quite long enough. It was going to be a Christmas gift for my cousin, but with the economy still in the tank, I don't know if we'll exchange gifts this year. We didn't last year, but then, last year they didn't come here for Christmas. I don't know if they will this year or not. I'll just have to wait and see.

Last night, the Cowboys played their first game in their new stadium. It was just a preseason game, but still...And the first score ever in the new stadium was a touchdown by Marion Barber.

Titans-Cowboys

One more thing, I want to give a shout out to my friend Cindy, who was promoted to the rank of first degree black belt yesterday. Shodan Rei!

Tennessee Titans v Dallas Cowboys

Congratulations, Cindy!

.

1 comment:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Thanks! It's going to take a long time to get used to being Sensei Wood.

My very own Dallas Cowboy! I've never had one of those before!