Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Falling In Love

I think this may be the reason for my recent obsession with old Elvis Presley songs.

These are Falling In Love socks, from the now defunct Magknits website. Fortunately, I had printed the pattern out before the site went down. These have been on my list for a long time, and I finally decided to do them. I'd hesitated because they use a different toe than what I usually knit. It is a short row toe. It's a bit fiddly, but I like the results. Now I'm to the point where I have to make a decision. If I do a short row heel, its time to start now. If I want to do a flap and gusset, I knit in pattern for two more inches before starting the heel. I'll decide that later...

Do you see the little hearts in the pattern? Here is a better picture:

Kindly ignore the blinding whiteness of my skin, and just focus on the sock for a moment. See the little hearts? I think that's why they are called Falling In Love.

And that could be why I'm singing old Elvis Presley songs. On the other hand...

NFL: New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys DEC 14
Yeah.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

They're gorgeous!!!

Becky G said...

Thanks Kristen!