Saturday, August 01, 2009

Show Me August

Yes, it's August already. It's hard to believe. Where has this year gone? We'll get to the calendar pictures in a minute, but first, let me show you what I got in the mail Thursday.

After being a life long fan, I finally joined the official Cowboys fan club! This nifty certificate came with it, along with a member ship card and some other stuff.

And, as a member, I get 15% off of all Cowboys Pro Shop purchases!

Now, on to my calendars.

First up, my nephew Joshua, on the left, and his little friend from church featured on my bedroom calendar.


My kitchen calendar features a brown bear and her cubs.


My living room calendar features a different kind of bear, Chicago Bear, formerly of LSU, Craig Steltz.

Finally, though I hated to turn the page, time marches on. My office calendar, with safety Ken Hamlin.

Quote of the Day: "Don't tell them not to hit me, because I'm going to hit them." --Marion Barber, to head coach Wade Phillips at training camp.

In knitting news, I finished the first Zokni sock.


It fits perfectly, too. The yarn is Knit Picks Essential in Pumpkin, knit on size 3.00 mm DPNs.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Wow, a keychain! I think the "Browns Backers" gives you at least a t-shirt!

Becky G said...

You mean you're not a member?

Becky G said...

FYI, I looked it up, and here are your member benefits for the Browns Backers:

With your Browns Backers Worldwide membership, you will receive:

* Official Browns Backers Worldwide membership card
* Browns Backer E-news (monthly e-newsletter)
* 10% discount at the Teamshop and online Pro Shop (non game days only)
* Access to exclusive content on www.brownsbackers.org
* The ability to edit your own profile on www.brownsbackers.org
* Exclusive Browns Backer events and programs held at Cleveland Browns Stadium and the Berea Training Facility throughout the year
* Official Club charter to new Clubs
* The opportunity to join or create a Browns Backer Club in your area
* Other special offers, contests, promotions and communications available to Backers only!



Hmmm, don't see a t-shirt in that list, OR a keychain. But you do get a 10% discount at their pro shops--but only on non game days.

Opal said...

woohoo! i can't wait to see what you use that discount on!

Kristen said...

Wow - that Zokni looks great!!!!!

Becky G said...

Opal, I see a #94 jersey looming on the horizon...

Kristen, thanks!