Sunday, August 02, 2009

Quiet Sunday

It has been a quiet Sunday around here today. I made it to church this morning, and my regular pastor was preaching a revival at another church, so we had a guest preacher.

I came home and fixed pork chops for dinner, only to discover that Cody had gone to Burger King with our cousin. No problem for a 15 year old boy. He ate both.

The afternoon was spent watching TV and knitting. I cast on the second Zokni last night before I went to bed, and got the ribbing done. I got two pattern repeats finished this afternoon, along with a row and a half of the mystery shawl. We are back on 4 days at work, so I hope to get more knitting done tomorrow. My plans are to clean the carpet. Poor Katie has spells where she loses bladder control for a week or so at a time, so I've got some stains I need to get out. I asked the vet, and she said it's probably just because she's getting old. Old dogs become incontinent, just like old ladies do.

Now, let me tell you the dumb thing I did. When I went grocery shopping Friday afternoon, I decided I wanted some lime sherbet, just for a change of pace. And also, because I thought there wouldn't be any milk in it. I got home and as I was scooping it out to eat some, I read the label. Not only does it have milk in it, it's also got orange juice! I never would have thought LIME sherbet would have orange juice in it. Guess I should have read the label in the store. Well, I really wanted it, so I took a big dose of Benadryl and ate it anyway. As an added bonus, I slept good that night!

I think I'll get some more. With Benadryl, of course.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hahahahaha! Who knows, maybe you'll build up a tolerance for the milk, or the OJ! OJ makes a great sweetener for other stuff.

Becky G said...

Kristen, I've been allergic to OJ all my life. I hate that, because I LOVE the stuff!