Friday, August 07, 2009

Katie

Katie is spending the night at the vet's office tonight. When we got up this morning, she was staggering and stumbling around like she was drunk. At first, I thought it was because she had just woken up, but when she didn't get any better, I took her on in. They are running some tests on her. The vet thinks she may have something wrong with her kidneys, which is also why she's been having so many accidents lately. I'd mentioned it when I took her in for shots a couple of months ago, and at that time, we thought it was just incontinence due to her age, but now, we are not so sure. They are also going to do a blood panel, to check her liver function, and other stuff. I talked to Dr. O on the phone, and he talks so fast that I only catch about half of what he says anyway.

So, that is where she is. What with her being nearly 14 years old, every time something happens to her, I think that this might be the time when ...but I don't want to think about that just yet.

In knitting news, I've been working on the shawl a bit, and have gotten a few more rows done. It doesn't sound like much, but it's gotten to the point where the rows are pretty long, so it takes a while to do each one. I've also been working on the sock. I'd gotten a repeat and a half done on the foot, then ripped back to the heel to correct a mistake. Now, I'm almost back to where I was before I ripped. I'll post photos soon. I'm just too lazy right now to take any.

And lastly:

Any man who can do both this and this, can easily win my

Beating Heart





4 comments:

Lizzie Woolley said...

I hope that Katie will get and feel better soon.

Michele said...

I am sorry to hear about Katie's visit to the Vet.

We took our 17 year old black cat Bagheera to the Vet this week. He was walking funny and seemed extra tired. He might be diabetic.

Bag Blog said...

Sorry to hear about Katie. I hope all goes well.

Becky G said...

Thanks, everyone. She is doing fine. She is just getting old.

Michele, I had a diabetic dog once. The main symptoms I noticed when he first got diabetic were weight loss, having accidents in the house, and lethargy. He only lived a year after his diagnosis. He really needed someone to be home with him all the time to monitor his glucose. I just couldn't do that.