Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lazy Saturday

And it was exactly that. I didn't do much of anything but sit on my behind all day. Other than laundry, dishes, and cleaning the carpet, that is.

I made it past the heel turn on my Falling In Love socks, then had to tink the heel back out and re-do it. The pattern said to start the heel when the sock is 4 inches shorter than the length of your foot. That's what I did, but when all was said and done, I decided the sock just wasn't long enough. I guess the pattern writer likes her socks really tight, but I don't like my toes being constricted even the tiniest bit. So I tinked, and knit another pattern repeat before doing the heel. The sock fits much better now.

I've only done short row heels a couple of times before. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. This one looks much better than previous attempts.

When I'd sat for just about as long as I could, I went for a walk outside. The pear tree is loaded with fruit.

One year, I picked a whole bunch of them and canned them. We ate pears for months. Unfortunately, all my canning equipment got ruined in one of the hurricanes, and I just can't afford to go buy more right now. Still, I guess I ought to do something with them, before Rylea eats them all.

Here is something I haven't done in a while, a Saturday Sky:

As most of you know, between financial struggles, personal injuries, and Cody's busy schedule, I've had to take a bit of a break from Karate. One day I hope to get back into it. I have good intentions of working out on my own, but my propensity towards sloth often prevents that. However, I did run through Sunsu kata today. I tried to do kusanku also, but forgot part of it. I think if I can actually make myself start doing a kata or two a day, they'll all come back to me.

I'm going to go try to remember the rest of kusanku, now.

.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love lazy Saturdays... and lazy Sundays!

Becky G said...

Me, too. And today is looking to be just as lazy as yesterday was!