Saturday, July 18, 2009

Change Of Plans

The plan today was to go to the Memphis Zoo. It was Cody's idea. He said that we should go do something this weekend, and suggested the zoo. It would have been a beautiful day for it. Cool, breezy, sunny. Gorgeous sky.

But last night, Cody decided he'd rather spend the night with his friend, so we didn't go. That was fine with me. I saved myself a bit of money. I went and picked him up around 1 ish. As soon as we got home, he went and took a shower, got a snack, and fell asleep on the couch around 2.

About an hour later, he got up and stumbled to his bed, and he's been asleep ever since. They must have stayed up all night. Oh, well. It's his last weekend before school starts, so he deserves one last fling. Well, OK, technically not school, but band camp starts Monday. That runs for two weeks, then school really does start, so his summer is done.

As for myself, I spent the morning house cleaning, and the afternoon knitting. I know when I tell you this, some of you are going to be shocked, and others are going to think, "there she goes again." So, what did I do? I ripped out my Zokni socks. Since I was knitting them out of Knitpicks Essential, I was afraid that they would draw up too much, and I wouldn't be able to wear them. My monkeys, also knit from Essential, are already too tight to get over my heel without considerable effort. They fit fine when I first knit them. Anyway, I was afeared that the same thing would happen to my Zoknis, since they were already pretty snug over my heel, so I ripped them and started over. I had to go all the way up to a 3 mm needle to get gauge, which I should have checked before I started. But I'd been getting gauge with 2.75 mm needles and sock yarn for years. I had no reason to suspect anything had changed. Anyway, I've started them over, and am moving right along.

I also started a new scarf.

I'm not sure what the yarn is. I got it in a swap with another knitter, and there was no label. The pattern is based on the Textured Scarf . I'd tried to knit this before, but it gave me fits. I just couldn't seem to follow the pattern, and kept messing it up. I finally gave up and ripped the whole thing. I started this one today, and am not following the pattern. I'm just looking at the scarf, and knitting what feels like it should be there. It's working out pretty well so far.

And just for fun, here is a photo of Katie wanting to come in. All the smudges on the bottom of the door--well those are from doggy noses.

I could clean them off, but what's the point? The doggies would just put them back. If only that cleaning fairy would show up!

Ten more days!!!!!

No comments: