Friday, July 17, 2009

Miscellany

How did I manage to raise such a thoughtful son? Every day when I get home from work, he comes and opens the door for me. Today, he wasn't home when I got there. I missed him holding the door for me. It's just a little thing, but it means so much.

The knitting mojo is still wandering off somewhere. I'm thinking that if I cast on something new, it might come back to me. Even if I don't cast on, just browsing patterns is fun, too. And then there is going through yarns. And playing with needles. It's all good.

Two things that make life worth living:


Knitting and football.

And the #6 all time Cowboy is: Randy White. Yep, he was on my list.

Finally, I bought some lactose free milk today. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully, I can drink it without getting a tummyache. I've been trying to avoid drinking straight milk, and I've missed it. So, I think I'll go get some now, and go browse knitting patterns.

See ya tomorrow.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Did you see the "Outside the Lines" on ESPN regarding Pacman Jones? Sad. Just one more thing that pushes me away from professional sports, and I used to be so into the majors when I was younger.

Becky G said...

Oh, good lord, no! I never watch ESPN. Ok, so I don't have cable, but I wouldn't watch them if I did. I wouldn't put stock in ANYTHING they broadcast. They are nothing more than an over the air tabloid in my opinion. They are like the sports version of the National Enquirer, and SI is not much better!

As for Pacman Jones, he got a bad deal this last time around. He said something smart aleck, the bodyguard punched HIM out, and boom, he's out of pro football forever. Roger Goodell just doesn't like the Cowboys, so anything any of their players does is going to be magnified tenfold. Jones got a 4 game suspension for getting punched out at a party, yet Marvin Harrison SHOT someone, and gets crickets from Goodell. How is that fair? Heck, Bill Belicheat didn't even get that much punishment for CHEATING during games.

I was pulling for Pacman Jones to make it this time. For a lot of these kids who grow up in less than the best of circumstances, sports is their only way out. Now, he'll probably never play again, and I won't be surprised if he ends up in prison. I was really disappointed in the whole situation.