Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Look Back

Most of you know by now that I am a huge football fan, and even huger Dallas Cowboys fan. You also know that after every game, I usually write a post about the game --not really analytical like the pros (or the wannabes) do. Just my thoughts and impressions of the game. What you may not know is that I am also a terrible procrastinator.

There was one game that I just never got around to writing a post about. I'd saved some photos of it, but hadn't ever written anything. I decided to write it up now, and post it as a looking back type of post. So, one day at work, I began mentally composing it.


Oh, it was a beautiful post! It was all about how this was the second game they would play without Romo, and how it was a must win.

How nobody really expected them to beat the Giants, and how they'd already lost the game that was supposed to be the easy one--to the Rams. About how they had to beat the Buccaneers.

About how desperately they needed this game, and if they were going to win, it would be up to the defense to do it because Brad Johnson had already exposed himself as a quarterback whose best years were behind him.

And about how they did step up and win on defense, because the offense only scored 13 points, and when was the last time they won with only 13 points.


Oh, it was a beautiful post...

Then when I came home and began to type it up, I realized it wasn't the Buccaneers game that I hadn't written up at all. It was the game against the 49ers.

Oh, well. At least you got to see some pretty pictures.

(Photos by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

No comments: